Fly the flag with this refreshing twist on a great British classic – Pimm’s and lemonade. Pefect for the summer!
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes plus 8 hours' freezing time
- 175 ml Pimm's
- 175 g caster sugar
- 14 g fresh mint
- 2 limes, juiced
- 200 g strawberries, hulled
- 50 g cucumber, cut into small wedges
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- 4 cocktail sticks
- Place the Pimm's in a saucepan with the sugar, 400ml water and 3 sprigs mint. Cook gently over a low heat, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Using a spoon, remove the mint from the pan.
- Stir in the lime juice. Pour the mixture into a freezerproof container and freeze for 2 hours, until hardened around the edges, then remove from the freezer.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl and, using an electric whisk, beat for a few minutes, until smoother and lighter in colour. Pour back into the container and freeze again.
- Repeat this process twice, then keep the granita in the freezer until ready to serve. Alternatively, churn the mixture in an ice cream maker for 1 hour, until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a fork, separate the particles. Spoon the granita into glasses. Thread the strawberries, remaining mint leaves and cucumber wedges onto the cocktail sticks. Serve with the granita and the remaining strawberries. drinkaware.co.uk for the facts
Source: Sainsburys Recipes