The Nitrogen Purge Tool is a quick and easy way to purge copper pipes with nitrogen. Then, with a turn of the dial, quickly switch to a very low flow of nitrogen to properly braze the copper.
WHY USE A NITROGEN PURGE TOOL?
The use of nitrogen to purge or braze is critical in preventing HVAC system failures. During the brazing process, if a refrigerant line is not purged of oxygen, the joint can “burn” causing warranty defects. Purging can also remove refrigerant, moisture and debris to keep the lines clean.
- Accurately regulates flow and volume for purging or brazing
- A simple 3-click position dial to quickly switch between Braze, Purge or Off
- All-metal construction is free of glass or other breakable components
- Connect standard 1/4" refrigerant hoses to tool and you're ready in seconds
- Accurately regulates nitrogen flow to 25-35 scfh on Purge & 3-6 scfh on Braze with a 50 psi inlet pressure. (Not to exceed an inlet pressure of
The purge valve is not a regulator and therefore the output pressure will equal the input pressure when the outlet is blocked. It is not intended to be used with the outlet blocked. The user should not weld a completely closed loop as the pressure will build. We recommend removing the schrader valve and letting it vent.